pushing onwards


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
October 18th 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all we are pushing on with the project currently nameless writing all the important details including a mission statement a vision a strategy etc we are writing and designing sponsorship forms profiles for the kids and CSR’s (Child status record) don’t worry I didn’t know either what one of those was until now we are looking into opening a few bank accounts buying a house and turning it into a school all the while doing our accounts to make sure we can afford all this.
For those who don’t feel as rushed in their lives and feel like they have punctuation, below is a copy slowed down just for you.
Hello all,
We are pushing on with the project, currently nameless, writing all the important details including a mission statement, a vision, a strategy etc. We are writing and designing sponsorship forms, profiles for the kids and CSR’s (Child status record). Don’t worry I didn’t know either what one of those was until now. We are looking into opening a few bank accounts, buying a house and turning it into a school, all the while doing our accounts to make sure we can afford all this.
It’s a busy time for us, which it looks and feels very much like a full time job. Apparently we didn’t want to go travelling with the hope of a nice rest. Instead we were looking to fill our time with… wait for it… an unpaid office job! But we couldn’t imagine anything more enjoyable or worthwhile to do with our time… that is of course except for white water rafting and quad biking followed by an evening cruise next weekend.
With 44 days left in the country (minus 2 days recovering from the rafting) we feel we have not long to do our work and enjoy the beautiful Uganda. We can already see time flying by. I suppose that is a good thing, perhaps it means were having fun.
I said before that it was rainy season… nothing has changed it is still rainy season, which continues to mean thunder, lightning and torrential rain. It seems like the weather plays games on us. In the morning there will be the most amazing sunrise followed by clear skies, shorts and a t-shirt. Then we leave the house for work at 7:20am, enjoy the morning until… clouds, within a matter of minutes, come flying over just to give us a 20 minuite down pore and then clear up as though nothing ever happened; just leaving us dripping from head to toe.
Until next time,
Megan and Mark.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb