Week 5


This journal has been deleted.
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

29th April 2010

Thanks so much for sharing with us all Mary, your candidness is really admired. We all talk about wanting to make a difference and, for the most part, we all do in some small way -- but here in America, where it is relatively safe and clean. Your "making a difference" is on a much larger scale than most of us can fathom ~ it takes a truly special person to do the things you are doing. I believe all of the struggles you are going through will work themselves out with time and you will find yourself in the place you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing. We all have a purpose and your's will become evident. Keep up the good things you are doing for those kids. I think we could all be better people if we adapted your new goals was our own. We think of you often and keep you in our prayers. Be safe :)
5th May 2010

Hello from Room 230
Hi Mary -- The pictures of the students laying on the dirty floors with no desks/chairs/books really made an impression on us! You said you were teaching them the alphabet, which one were you learning? We have a student in our class who moved here from Nigeria last summer, he taught us the alphabet in Yoruba (his native language). Many students were wondering where all the girls were? Don't they get to go to school? Or do they go to a separate school? Thanks :)

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb