My Kpalime bienvenue! and birthday fete!


Advertisement
Togo's flag
Africa » Togo
February 19th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful country... beautiful people.. finally have my camera fixed! :-)

The crickety road into Togo after walking over the border was THE most scariest and nerve-wrenching journey of my life; We were 10 in the car- yes a standard hatchback, a little worn at the edges- with sacks of coal on the roof, and bananas coming out of everywhere and the roof tied on- not down- as the driver speeded over the hills careering all across the road to attempt avoid the huge unavoidable potholes! Although after nearly three weeks spent in this enchanting little country this of course would be the norm!

OK so.. enough of roads..
There is so from these amazing beings; I dont understand how but I get a warm lovely welcome everywhere! and from the children everywhere; Yuvo Yuvo Bonsoir Ca Va Bien Merci!

The family I am staying with here are lovely and the neighbours too! In the first week got to meet some local artists who have become great friends and invaluable sources of info- I went to a ceremony of a chiefs life in a nearby village- seen a couple of the abundance of waterfalls and have been trekking in the hills among the coffee plants, banana and pineapples, and trying all sorts of things I probably shouldnt eg the local palm wine- not a favourite of mine though!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd February 2009

Glad your enjoying yourself. Make sure you keep us all updated on the fun. Love Rachxx
28th February 2009

Happy pics
More pics they tell a thousand stories, glad to see you are teaching the africans how to dance. Missing you loads mum.xxxxx

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0849s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb