Massai Wazungus


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
October 7th 2006
Published: October 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Massai WomenMassai WomenMassai Women

Emily, Gracie, & Julie all dressed up by our Massai friends
Our Final day together with the Northport Group we visited some Massai women and were dressed up in the traditional clothing of their tribe. Hannah, Bethany, Kelly, Myself, Emily & Gracie were the ones grabbed in to be clothed by some of the women in their own individual huts. Of course they were also trying to sell their goods and beaded jewelry but we all had a great time, and lots of laughter together during our final day with our friends visiting from the states. We even talked a couple of them into riding a camel, jusst to say that they had! Lots of fun, but a little rough on the take off and the landing on those things.... We love you all and wish that one day you might be able to come visit us as well.

We should have a few weeks now before the next visitors arrival. David Hamrick & Pat MacIntosh were here just for 2 days passing through, they flew out yesterday to return to Texas, they both work with Bear Valley Bible School on the extension school in Kisongo.

Please keep Anthony & Shasta Brown in your prayers as they are making their
camel rides anyone?camel rides anyone?camel rides anyone?

Garrett and Kelly.. and a lil' personal space invasion from the camel in the rear....
way in this direction as full time missionaries joining us here in Tanzania. Their container leaves out Oct 13th and then they fly out shortly after. We are excited about the coming months ahead with the Mission Team here growing and adding all the new families.

We have finally signed the papers on our house. It is just on the edge of Arusha, down the road towards Moshi. We are very excited and happy about finding a wonderful home for our family to live in. After seeing over 20 of them, we feel like we've been really blessed by finding the perfect one. A little out in the country, lots of peace and quiet, and away from the rushing noises of downtown city life.

To those returning home, God bless you and your families, thank you for all you have done while you were here. To my knowledge 21 souls were added to the church here in Tanzania during the Northport groups time here together with us in Africa over the last 2 weeks. All across Northern East Africa, from Kioga, Mtu wa Mbo, Arusha, Moshi, Kisongo, Monduli, and other small areas in which studies were held. To
Our Massaii CrewOur Massaii CrewOur Massaii Crew

Bethany, Hannah, Kelly, Emily, Gracie, & Julie all dressed up by the local Massai ladies
God be the glory! We have gotten word that they have returned and arrived back safe and sound.

Thank you for all your prayers and emails, we love hearing from each and every one of you and hopefully as we get settled in, we'll have more time to sit down at the computer and write some notes home ourselves.

Love to you all from our family to yours. ~Brent & Julie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 134; dbt: 0.138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb