Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
August 11th 2007
Published: August 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Have recently spent a few days on Zanzibar, and it was well worth it. Caught the ferry across from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar and it was a very rather rough crossing - a lot of us felt very sea sick! When we arrived on Zanzibar and travelled to our destination I was struck by the sheer paradise we were going to be living in! It is such an unspoilt island, although the people there have very little, they always seen so happy. We stayed in small rooms in Zanzibar which were right on the edge of the ocean. From our porch you could see the beach!

Each night we were lucky enough to see some absolutely gorgeous sunsets - I will always remember them as well as the white soft sand that lined the beaches and the aquamarine coloured water. Had a couple of days sunbathing and tried out snorkelling for the first time. It was amazing seeing all the beautiful muti-coloured fish that swam so close to us. An fantastic experience.

The food we had was very scrumptious. All the restaurants or bars we ate at were situated right on the waters edge, and talk about to die for cocktails, we were spoilt for choice!

Also went on a Spice tour while on Zanzibar which was very interesting and taught us about where a lot of spices we use back home originate from. From there, we went shopping in Stone Town, meandering down the narrow streets which are like Aladdins cave, every nook and cranny filled with local crafts. Bought a few pressies, so look forward to receiving them when i get home.

The only thing i'm not enjoying at the mo is all the bites i have received. I even had one on my eye which made me look like i had been hit in the eye as it swelled up so much that my eye was semi-closed! I'm ok now, so fingers crossed that i don't get anymore like that!

Hope everyone is ok back home.
Love Sarah x



Advertisement



12th August 2007

Ha ha
Hi U read your travel Blogs with interest and wondered if a. u got a pressie 4 me and b. if you could arrange for me to contact the guy with all the wives and 50 kids.......I was thinking that he must get ill sometimes and if he needed someone to stand in for him you can pass on my number 07767377971.. ThaTS ALL BE SAFE BE GUD AND DONT 4GET MY PRESSIE
15th August 2007

What a trip
Hi Sarah, Your trip is sounding amazing, we're all very envious. We all fell in love with Africa when we went and we only saw such a small part. Look 4wd to hearing more of your news. lots of love Deb, Richard, Will and Sam

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb