More Zanzibar Photos


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Zanzibar City
November 24th 2022
Published: December 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Zanzibar is a place that is immensely photogenic. It’s not all pretty. Some of it is exceedingly beautiful, but some of it is ugly and dirty and pitiful. Even those parts are photogenic. I saw tropical beaches and antique palaces, I saw mangy street cats and overflowing garbage bins. I wanted to take pictures of all of it.



Appropriately—for someone like me with the artists eye, the photographers love of the natural subject, and many years of training and practical experience in photography—I brought along a great camera. Most of the pictures I’ve been posting on my blog have come from my iPhone. It’s not the new one and I don’t really care. I didn’t buy it for the camera, it just happens to be one as well as being all the other things it is. But, my camera is a proper camera, a Fuji X-T4 with a full complement of lenses, microphones, tripods, and things. This time I traveled with a studio-in-a-bag.



I only took it out twice in Zanzibar, but I think I took some nice photos with it. You be the judge.



The first set are from a walk I took with Chelly to the beach. I tried to capture the things I thought were beautiful, including this wonderful woman that I made my wife.



The second set were only 4 shots, actually, from the night we walked through Zanzibar’s narrow, crowded streets filled with stories. We happened upon an artists’ studio where a group of painters are continually creating and filling their gallery space with work to be sold to the visitors from abroad who flood Zanzibar each day. I would have liked to stay for hours filming these artists and their work, but we got kids.



Enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb