Last day in Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Nungwi
October 5th 2009
Published: October 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So Alice and I have been here in Zanzibar on the north-west coast since wednesday and it's absolutely brilliant! It's pure paradise. I love it ! The sea is so blue/green and the sand is so white, it's like flour.
The days we've had here have been amazing..
We live in a small hut with 2 double beds and a bathroom with flushing toilet and a shower! The shower is amazing after only using buckets for the past 6 weeks unfortunatly there was only luke warm water the first night so it's been freezing cold showers ever since.
We've spent a lot of time on the beach just relazing, reading and listening to music, lying in the hammocks, having drinks in the evening.. I'm so glad i'm travelling with alice as she's so much fun, absolutely love her 😊 Our first night we met a group of welsh/english and we've been hanging out with them a bit.. there arent actually a lot of people here right now as december is peak season but still there are more white people than we're used to from Arusha. It's gonna be weird going back to "normality" of Arusha but am actually really looking forward to it as well cos i'm starting in a new placement which should be good.

We have to leave here insanely early tmr as we have to get a taxi to Stone Town (1 hr away) and a ferry from there to Dar es Salaam and then another taxi from the harbour to the airport to catch our flight at 2pm. At least we get into Kili semi early as we need to shopping for kili.
We needto buy a ton of socks, sweets and face/body wipes (as we dont get a shower in the 6 days of climbing, yum).
It's so weird thinking about that we're climbing kili in 2 days time when we're sitting here in paradise. it seems so far away. I'm really looking forward to it though!! It's gonna be great! have met quite a few people who've done it and they say it's probably the hardest thing they've had to do but that it's also the most amazing . Not getting to the summit is just out of the question.. especially when it costs so much! 😊


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb