Home Again


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
November 23rd 2008
Published: November 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

We just wanted to let you all know that we arrived home safely, late Friday night. Thanks to all who remembered our family in prayer as we traveled back home to Tanzania. The trip went well, and was uneventful for the most part. We were up at 4:30 a.m. Thursday morning, and left SFO shortly after 8 a.m. We arrived at the Kilimanjaro National Airport Friday night, shortly before 9 p.m. Two vehicles were required to haul our family of six, plus a mountain of luggage, so John Baker and Cy Stafford graciously helped us get home. On the way to our house from the airport, a belt broke on the vehicle in which George and the boys were riding, and they had pull over. They phoned the other vehicle, in which the girls and I were riding, and we turned around and drove back to where they were parked. Fortunately, there was an extra belt in the vehicle, and George, Mr. Handyman, was able to replace it, and we were back on the road, at home by around 11 pm.

We were dreading what we'd find in the house, after it being closed up for three months, and much to our dismay, we found a slew of dead bugs throughout the house. Yuck! Looking on the bright side, that's better than snakes. 😊 So, after we spent two hours sweeping and mopping, and washing down counters, etc., we finally went to bed at 1:30 a.m. We continued our cleaning most of Saturday, as well as running to town to check the mail, get our internet up and running again, and to buy a few groceries.

In spite of all that, we are very happy to be back home. We are some tired folks, though! Our body clocks are a bit haywire at the moment. Most of us have been waking in the early hours, and finding it difficult to go back to sleep. We are anxiously awaiting bedtime by 6 pm, ha!

This morning we enjoyed a sweet reunion with the brethren of the Kilimanjaro congregation. So many were glad to see us again, and they expressed their thankfulness to God for bringing us back safely. We must admit that there are some of the children that we particularly have a soft spot for, and we were very glad to see that they had not forgotten us. 😊

We have a busy week ahead of us. We need to spend a few more days catching up on house cleaning, and we hope to meet with some of the brethren here to get caught up on what's been happening while we were away. George will take Jacob to school early tomorrow morning, as he will be taking a short course this week. Thursday we will go to Arusha to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with the other missionaries. Saturday we will return to Arusha once again, to witness the graduation of the ACSOP students, which includes Jacob. We'll be sure to give a more detailed report of that later.

We want to express our thanks to each of you for the many kindnesses extended to us during our furlough. There is no way that we could recount them all. Please know that we are very thankful for the many, many ways you all have shown your love to our family.

Have a great week everyone!

In Christian Love,
Joy

Advertisement



23rd November 2008

glad you are home and safe. Hard to think of Moshi without the Jensen's. You are doing such a wonderful work there. We are so thankful and grateful for each of you and the special part you are playing in the work of TZ 2000. Get rested take care of your good selves. With all love. just ken
24th November 2008

Great!
I'm so glad that you all made it back safely. I hope that things will go well as you get back into the work there.
26th November 2008

We are glad you back home safe. We pray that God will continue to keep you safe in his loving arms. Have a happy Thanksgiving. We thank God for every thought of you!

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb