Wednesday, March 25/Thursday, March 26


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Lake Manyara
April 10th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, March 25-Thursday, March 26, 2009:
Safari!!! Debra, Pam, Brad, Lauren, Mom and I went on a 2 day Safari. First we went to Manyara on Wednesday and then to Ngoragora Crater on Thursday. Rod stayed and studied with more people at Maji Ya Chai (35 on Wednesday!). The safari (it means journey in Swahili) was incredible! We saw such a different variety of animals. It's a lot different than seeing them in a zoo, too! Thursday we went to a Masai village. It was a little freaky...but very interesting!
I have to steal Lauren's sentence when she told me, " I think God spent more time on Africa." When you see all the animals....the giraffe (my favorite), wildebeest, rhinoceros, and all the others, you can't help but think that God must have had a sense of humor! I mean, how could he not when he made flamingos hot pink, and the zebra's stripes so weird that you get cross-eyed!
Hope you enjoy the pictures of them!


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.
Lauren and Hallie in front of the hippo pond.

It was only after we got out that they told us that hippos kill more people a year than any other animal. Thanks a lot!
These guys are tall!These guys are tall!
These guys are tall!

Did you know....the giraffes have the same number of neck bones as a field mouse? Bigger, of course! :-)
A cool looking zebraA cool looking zebra
A cool looking zebra

Are they black with white stripes or white with black stripes?
Lauren and Hallie on the porch of the Masai hotelLauren and Hallie on the porch of the Masai hotel
Lauren and Hallie on the porch of the Masai hotel

Lauren's sporting her new tan and I've got a sun burn!!!
We saw tons of wildebeest!We saw tons of wildebeest!
We saw tons of wildebeest!

Man were those things ever ugly!
warthogwarthog
warthog

In Swahili it's "pumba"


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb