Lake Manyara National Park


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Lake Manyara
March 7th 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Baboon sneaking past the vehiclesBaboon sneaking past the vehiclesBaboon sneaking past the vehicles

The bush in Lake Manyara National Park was very think and at times was virtually rainforst.
In the morning we drove to through the park and saw a lot more monkeys as it was heavily forested in places. It was very lush and green and pretty and it was on the edge very high cliffs that went on forever and was known as the Great Rift, which runs all the way up into Kenya forming the Great Rift Valley.

We went back to the lodge and had lunch before driving back to Arusha. We got home around about 4pm, but our truck got a flat tyre just as we got into Arusha. We drew a large crowd of onlookers as we changed it on the edge of a very busy road.

We arrived back at St Judes very hot dusty and tired. It was a great trip, but camping all the time takes it out of you.


Photos to be posted soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Giraffe and WarthogGiraffe and Warthog
Giraffe and Warthog

We came upon this clearing in the thick bush which was full of animals, including 3 young giraffe who were fighting, baboons, warthogs and impala.
HippoHippo
Hippo

This hippo was grazing and clearly had an injury on it's shoulder which probably occurred during a fight with an other hippo.
David our driverDavid our driver
David our driver

David was the driver for our group of John, Sue, Jackie, Denis and myself. He was an amazing expert guide and driver, as well as very informative and funny. He certainly made our time on safari a great one. We kept telling him he was the best guide in Tanzania, that was until he got the flat tire as we arrived back into Arusha.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb