Party Time


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
February 12th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On friday when we had finished teaching we all got changed and headed into Arusha. We had arrabnged to meet al the others at Masai Camp. Its like an actual campsite but also has a bar and resteraunt so we were going for a meal and some drinks. I had a pulled pork sandwich and chips, the first meat in like a week! After a few drinks and some (badly played) games of pool we decided to go to Colobus, the night club, for a bit of a boogie. We got a lift from a guy called Willam along the road, it only takes a few minutes but if you go out after dark it ios pretty likely that you will get mugged. I had an amazing time dancing and drinking and so on, the club stays open until aboput 6 in the morning but we left before then because the boys were a bit bored and Umnaz (a weird rasta) wouldn't leave WAlice (thats Alice W) alone even though she told him she is married to Dave! Anyway, me and Dave, Jon and Martyn went back with Flic and WAlice to stay at their house-Sekei. The taxi was a bit of an adventure as we went the wrong way and didn't notice until we were a reasonable distance up the mountain and surrounded by dogs! When we eventually got in to the house and to bed. The next morning none of us were feling all that fab as you can imagine with the few hours sleep that we managed to get but we had to make the LONG journey back to Nkoaranga which meant walking back down the mountain (only about 20mins) then getting a Dala Dala to Kilahlah (another 35 mins) then getting a Dala Dala up to Nkoaranga which would have taken another 20 mins but... no Dala Dala! We waited a bit but nothing came so we decided to start walking and get one as it passed on the way up... but we kept walking and walking and nothing came! Eventually we walked the 5km up to our house in the blistering heat with hangovers, little sleep and no water or suncream! Luckily there are lots of shops so we got drinks and miraculously didn't get burnt! But it was hard work, i honestly thought i was going to start crying, the guys were really nice about it though and pushed me and pulled me some of the way! When we got home we spent the rest of the day just chilling and not doing a lot. In the afternoon i had a nap and missed the rain storm but i saw a video on Martyns camera, it was cool! On sunday we were invited to a funeral, our landlord (mr Emanuel)'s relative, it was quite weird but almost everyone in the village was invited so we went along and stood at the back. It was outdoors in amongst the banana tree and was quite interesting to see what was going on but because we were standing still and had no water Amalia fainted! She was fine once we got her back to the house and gave her some water but overall it was a very interesting end to a very crazy weekend!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb