Company and Camp


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
December 20th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Believe it or not, December is more than half over! It has been a very full month for us so far. December 4 brought the arrival of the Fuller family: Burt, Michelle, Kelsey, Morgan, Rachel, Mack, and Samuel. They are staying with us until the 27th. As you can imagine, adding seven more people to our household and the logistics of meals, bathing, laundry, cleaning, and having enough water has been a bit of a challenge. However, we've done quite well considering it all.

The first full week of December, the 7th - 12th, involved a Future Preacher's Training Camp for young men. Since the preacher students at ACSOP have the months of December and January off, the facilities are available for other uses. George taught a singing class three of the days, and Jacob helped assemble some material, as well as went several days to help.

December 14-19 were the dates for the first Tanzania Christian Camp, for youth - both boys and girls. This is the first of its kind in our area, and it was a great week. It was also held at the ACSOP facilities, and was directed by Ben Thompson and John Rice. The Fullers also worked at the camp all week. Although our family (with the exception of Lindsey a night here and there) did not sleep at the camp, we did spend some time there. Tuesday evening we provided an evening snack (approx. 90 people), Wednesday evening George delivered a lesson, and then later in the evening Jacob taught a shorter lesson for the evening devotional. One day the kids were taken on a field trip to a local Snake Park and also given the opportunity to ride a camel. On Friday night our kids provided some musical entertainment and then later Luke delivered a lesson for the evening devotional. The week seemed to go quite smoothly, and the campers were very well behaved.

In addition to the special events of this month, George has been working hard to find the time to do his other work relating to his role Dean of Academics. Even though the preacher students have this month off, there is still work to be done, and with the extra activities, it's been a challenge to find time to for everything that needs to be done. This upcoming week will be filled with miscellaneous activities as the Fullers' visit draws to a close.

We continue to thank God for each of you who help us in our work, one way or another. Your prayers, your financial support, and your words of encouragement help us more than we can say. Thank you. May each of us use every day to serve Him.

In Christian Love,
the Jensens





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

NeemaNeema
Neema

..trying to decide if riding a camel is fun or not.
VolleyballVolleyball
Volleyball

A plastic line served as the net
FootballFootball
Football

A favorite sport - football (most of you know it as soccer :) )
Camp SupperCamp Supper
Camp Supper

Rice, small piece of potato, one piece of stew meat, maybe a spoonful of beans.


21st December 2009

prayers i set for you
i will be praying for you guys.. may God streghthen you as you do His work here in tanzania.... thanks also for making me see these pics they make me feel like i was there, heloo to all of the Jensen's family....
21st December 2009

WOW! I loved everything but the snakes!! yeeks What a wonderful week. God bless you for such a terrific work. Take care of you good selves. as always, just ken

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb