Tanzania to Nairobi to Cape Town


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
July 16th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

July 13, 14, 15, 2008

Tanzania to Cape Town.

Sunday morning we left our camp early to catch our small planes to Arusha, Kilimanjaro, ( with some great views of snow covered Mount Kilimanjaro ) and on to Nairobi, Kenya. We enjoyed a farewell dinner, courtesy of Kensington Tours, our hosts for this part of our trip, at the famous Carnivore Restaurant in Nairobi. This is a MEAT place with some of the local specialties. We tried Crocodile and Ostrich along with too much other meat. Nice place similar to the “Brazilian BBQ” places we know from North America.

Next morning was another very early start ( Enough already !! These early mornings have got to stop ) to catch a flight to Johannesburg and an afternoon connection to Cape Town. Too long a day traveling but we arrived for a very pleasant stay at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town. Put this one on you list if you ever visit Cape Town. It’s a beautiful place.

Tuesday was a very quiet day in Cape Town as we had some business to attend to and we moved to a different hotel as part of our new tour.

We are looking forward to starting our exploring of the Cape area tomorrow for the next 8 days or so. Cape Town looks like a beautiful place, similar to Vancouver, Canada.
Too similar right now as we are getting some stormy and cool weather. May be better tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb