Day 1 of the Arusha Campaign


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
June 17th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Kensington Woods Group with Julie & GracieThe Kensington Woods Group with Julie & GracieThe Kensington Woods Group with Julie & Gracie

-minus Ken, who was in Mtu wa Mbo...

Day 1 of the Arusha & Mtu Wa Mbu Campaigns 2008
Ralph Gilmore preached in Arusha and Chuck Webster preached in Mtu wa Mbu

The groups were all divided and sent out!
The power has been flashing off and on, so I'm going to upload pictures while I can!

It was a great start to a wonderful campaign in both places...



Our family worked in Arusha along with the KW group and Freed Group, minus Ken who was with the Browns in Mesquito River. There they had A group from Hoover, AL and the Cablers, the Wiseman guys , and Callie Donaldson and to top it all off it was our Garrett's 10th Birthday today so he was sung to by all the college kids all day long and then for dinner when we all met back up at the school, we had a great big chocolate Cake and Cupcakes for the entire group... about 80 in all... everyone Singing Happy Birthday to him after our great Beans, Rice and Chicken Curry Dinner preparred by The Staffords.

There were many great studies held today all over the city... in the cold muddy streets of Arusha, we
The Freed GroupThe Freed GroupThe Freed Group

here with Ralph Gilmore
had 6 teams to go out in different directions and go door to door until lunch time and then return back to the building to eat and go out again for a second round. I had to run to the school to cook Garrett's cake... but returned again for the afternoon preaching held there at the building where Ralph taught a great lesson on making Jesus the center of your life.

All in all a great day and a good kind of tired that lets you know it was all worth while at the end of the day! We went to the roof of the school after dinner in the moonlite night, while the power was still out and you could see every star there is for miles and miles... Breathtaking! There some of us sat in awe and began singing together and had a short time of devotion together, sharing stories of the day and closing in prayer before returning down stairs to our rooms!

Wish each and every one of you could be here to share in this right along with us...
May God Bless you in every way!
Love Julie Richardson


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dinner time... with everyoneDinner time... with everyone
Dinner time... with everyone

the girls enjoying their "girl talk"
Tracks and Correspondence CoursesTracks and Correspondence Courses
Tracks and Correspondence Courses

ready to head out for the day with all the groups
Julie, Janna, & SaraJulie, Janna, & Sara
Julie, Janna, & Sara

waiting for our groups assignments
Our New Massai Friend..Our New Massai Friend..
Our New Massai Friend..

we studied with him today... and he's counting the costs and says he'll be back again tomorrow!
Jolee & Lesley & Gracie...Jolee & Lesley & Gracie...
Jolee & Lesley & Gracie...

working in groups...
Passing out tracks...Passing out tracks...
Passing out tracks...

Gracie stayed and worked with her mama and the group all day!


18th June 2008

Happy birthday, Garrett. Looks like you had a good one. Sorry to hear about the trouble ya'll had over the weekend. We keep you in our prayers.
19th June 2008

I would want Gracie on my team - she's fearless!

Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 132; dbt: 0.1586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb