Day 2 of the Ladies & Children's Seminars in Arusha


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
June 12th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Callie, Julie, Brittany, & LindseyCallie, Julie, Brittany, & LindseyCallie, Julie, Brittany, & Lindsey

at the 2nd day of the Ladies Seminars
Another Great day of seminars across the board today! There were over 50 women present from all different surrounding areas this morning for the Ladies Seminar from 9 to 3:30 today, we went a little long with our question and answer time as today was Penny Cabler’s Lesson on Marriage. (That always brings out the various questions of all sorts) Emily & Abigail welcomed everyone in at the sign in table and afterwards served as babysitters in the back along with Maddie, watching over about 8 little ones allowing their mothers to listen and take notes in the all day seminar! Thank you girls for your sweet spirit of service!

The Lessons and teachers for today (Thursday) were:
Joy Jensen - Restoring Church Discipline
Julia Jensen - A Sense of Modesty & Purity
Naomi Hango- Jesus Our Authority
And Penny Cabler - God’s Plan in Marriage

All four ladies did a remarkable job and my notebook is much thicker now having taken notes from each lesson taught! Penny had them all in stitches with her visual aid of Woman completing Man! But I know that it made a great lasting impression that will help everyone there to remember the lesson better!

Getting Out of the ladies seminar a little late, we didn’t have time to rest much as the children were already arriving outside, ready and waiting… by the number! We had a total of 250 Children for School today in Arusha… it was like they were coming out of the woodworks, literally crawling through the wooden fence to come learn the Bible! Gracie was watching out the hole in the gate reporting to me how many snuck through before we got started, over 20 by her counting had slipped through the fence…. Along with our good Massai friend, who turns out not the be the guard at the church building after all like I had thought, but the guard next door, but he enjoyed Bible Class so much that today he brought his young son along with him. H laughed and giggled and stood around listening in to the stories, helped us serve juice and cookies… and smiling all the while through his crooked brown tooth, I say tooth, because he only has the one! So funny!) And my kids at this point of being in Africa now for so long think nothing of it. Gracie was talking to him by the back gate as she was counting the incoming kids!

We actually had so many older kids show up, that we had to form a new group of just those… and Neema and I began teaching them the Book of 1 Timothy, about being honorable and noble young men, soldiers for Christ! They ended up being the most well behaved group I’ve ever taught! We talked about setting good examples to the younger children, how they can be servants to others, how to live honorable and noble lives, we discussed what they wanted to be when they grew up and went around the circle talking about how Godly characteristics can help you in every aspect of your life, about the church and growing up in the faith… under the guidance of a Paul in Timothy’s case…. And how God has special plans for all their lives, and we just need to get them in the church to have men of faith there to guide them along the way as they mature! They listened like they had never been encouraged or lifted up before in all their little lives. I gave out homework for them to Read 1 Timothy and come back with 20 lessons learned and verse references for where they found them… The true test will be to see if any of them return with them tomorrow!

It's been a great day in Service once again, it always does more for me than anyone else! Tonight we were fed by the Hochdorf family a great warm meal… Taco Soup and cornbread… nice and toasty on a chilly evening here at the school and closed the day with singing together out under the pavilion as John Baker led us all in some familiar favorites! I can hear the pitter patter and giggles of college kids all around enjoying their time together and playing games in fellowship so I know everyone is having a great time! This staying at the school is one of the best ideas we’ve had in a long time in my opinion… we all have so much more personal time together, rather than wasted time in driving, ordering, waiting on the bills and driving everyone back to their rooms again… So, it’s made a huge impact on our energy level and ability to get a good night’s rest! (It’s not my
Julia Jensen TeachingJulia Jensen TeachingJulia Jensen Teaching

About Modesty and Purity
mattress at home but it does save us the hour’s drive back and forth each night!)

Thank you to everyone who has helped to put this year’s Children’s material together there at Kensington Woods, we know a lot of effort goes into that each year and you’ve done a remarkable job and the kids are loving it all! The Girls continue to amaze me with their willingness and devotion, not a complaint one…. Beyond being a little Cold… but there’s not much we can do about that one!

Love you all
In His Service
Julie Richardson



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

The Massai Guard and his son...The Massai Guard and his son...
The Massai Guard and his son...

joining us for lunch by the gate...
The KW girls...The KW girls...
The KW girls...

Jolee, Lesley, Sara, & Janna
The girls breaking out the pillows to sit onThe girls breaking out the pillows to sit on
The girls breaking out the pillows to sit on

after two 12 hour days at the church building on hard pews....


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb