The Weather


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
February 29th 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning the skies were clear for a change and we could see Mt Meru.

The weather has been very consistent while we have been here. Almost every morning there is heavy low cloud, which burns of by midday, at which stage it can get very warm. The humidity isn’t all that bad considering we are just below the equator. The fact that we are 1400m above sea level helps. At around 3pm thunderstorms develop, but they are very localised, some days we get a shower from them, other days we miss the storms. By around 6pm the skies usually clear again and we can often see Mt Meru each evening.

Today we went back out to the Usa River Campus and finished the planting. By this time we had worked out a system and had it all completed by lunch time. In the end we estimated we planted over 760 plants for the two days.

The carpenters stayed at Moshono and continued making bench seats and shoe racks.

The planting brigade arrived back at Moshono just after lunch and spent the afternoon painting furniture and cataloguing books.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb