Overlanders Again & Snakes


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
October 16th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -3.36, 36.67

We pulled into a camp site called Snake Park and intended to see if we could couple up with a Safari group to reduce our entrance fees into the Serengeti. To keep a long story short we have decided to hang around a few days to do domestics and then drive ourself through the Serengeti and attempt a remote border crossing into Kenya by Lake Victoria.. Easy.. will let you know how we went later.

Funny thing we bumped into a couple of SAfricans with an interesting story,, Basically one Saturday they were watching Rugby and then dropped into the Outdoor Warehouse, which seemed strange to us!! There they saw a kayak and a map of Africa.. well!! They decided to buy the kayak and paddle all of the great lakes in Africa. Went home and discussed with their parents, quite their jobs and headed out after a 1 hour test paddle in a local dam. So anyone who thinks we were rash can stand corrected. They had been going for 4 months and had to use local transport between the lakes which is just a mind blowing logistical nightmare. We were impressed however it mad our driving dawdle seem like a Sunday drive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb