registration and trip planning


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
August 16th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

im in the middle of the registration process, it has forced me to visit the many many offices. some of the buildings are very tall and since we are elevated over the city (city in a bit of the distance) there are some awesome views from the offices at the tippy tops. got me distracted from listening. most of the professors arent around, but the ones that are..some are fascinating. i will take a graduate coarse called "international issues" on globalization and such, we read mostly books from professors at the university. if i leave only with a good udnerstanding of the african-intellectual understanding of globalization and the global divide and africas feasible and positive abilities to "Develop" then i wil have done well. also wil probably take an art class, art and social mobilization, where we work in many mediums (including theater and music which is new for me) together in groups to make social statement. then discuss arts role in social movements. looking into agriculture related classes....
am also planning a trip for next week. we were just told we have the week off! thinking of takign the train (which often breaks down) across the country (about 38 hours if there are no delays) to lake tanganika where i can then take a boat to gombe. its a big plan for a small amount of time, but when else will i see chimps in the wild. gombe also doesnt let in alot of people and they have no phone number! ai! also thinking of taking the other train (there are only 2) south through the game reserves but havent found an amazing end destination yet. hmmm, i love to dream, but need to act.
tonight i am seing maggie (matt's aunt for those who know abby's boyfriend) and having dinner at a mexican restaurant (yeah rice and beans flavored a little differently!) downtown. excited.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb