im back


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
August 8th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

im back in dar and trying to recover from jet lag... the flight feels like it didnt even happen, though it was long. tucson to houston, houston to amsterdam (where a nice man bought me a sandwhich and drink so that i wouldnt have to get euros in change, cheers to all the people in boston that were to good to him. i never would have thought that europeans would ever feel indebted to americans), amsterdam to kilamanjaro, finally to dar. got in at 11 pm the next day (left on sunday at 10 am, crossed 10 hours of time zone difference, and got in at 11pm monday....you can see how confusing it can be for both body and mind) slept till 2 in the afternoon. its damn cold here, in the 50s or 60s, i dont really know, im very bad at things like that. but too cold to take a cold water shower so i washed my sick hair in the sink. now i fit in more with the stink all around me. i guess that is the sensation i noticed most from the us to here. every time you pass anyone, you get a whiff of body odor. rooms fill with it. the air is thick with it. and it overcomes you and becomes you and soon you fit right in and dont notice it. just wanted you all to know i got in safely.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb