Zanzibar and DSM


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I am typing at the computers at hall 7 of the university of dar es salaam where i have spent so many hours last year. its nice being back to something of a home. i collected on campus really nice small bright red seeds that i will use someday for something. yesterday i arrived in dar from zanzibar. i had spent my 21 birthday in the village of bwejuu in the southern east coast of zanzibar. i woke up in a beach bungalow/mzungu place with beata, sibylle, and their parents and was suprised at breakfast with champagne. then i went for a swim in the indian ocean and a walk in the town. we were the only ones at this bungalow place for five days. its a rasta owner and he had a beautiful cat named leo/today who i befriended quickly. i was feeling a bit anxious by the end as the others are just ending their journ ey and im just beginning. so i left on thursday by dalla dalla to stone town. we had a little incident/brawl when our bus scratched another at which time everyone evacuated and the drivers and wapigedebes started to beat each other up. so i went into the next dalla dalla. i walked all over as it was getting dark and found a place of a friend where i got a good deal ($10 is what can be considered a good deal in zanzibar) on a nice room.
i then went to the famous foradhani gardens and joked around with the massai that work there for a few hours. it was a good night. now i am going to buy some fabrics. (i gotr some very nice, very cheap ones in zanzibar. 3 dollars for very nice scarves) and spend the next couple days in kigaboni, a beach near dar. i will try to take the tuesday train to mbeya in the south where i can get to malawi easily by small buses or dalla dalla. now i must go since my internet is running out. much love again! i appreciate all of your messages.
my new cell number should be +255 0712189493
this is a new one. i decided to switch servers. let me know if its still a problem/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb