Ground Hog Day Wadi Halfa


Advertisement
Sudan's flag
Africa » Sudan
December 7th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Nubian Villiage Street Camp SudanNubian Villiage Street Camp SudanNubian Villiage Street Camp Sudan

The shorty parked in an Arab Viliage on the sand dune street. We were using the house behind for showers (cold bucket and ladle).
Geo: 21.8, 31.35

There is one way from Sudan to Egypt and that is on a Ferry. We left Khartom four days earlier and traveled through absolute featureless desert to reach the Northern Most town of Wadi Halfa. Also not a metropolis we joined other overlanders waiting to catch the weekly ferry up to Egypt. Documents have to be submitted several days before hence we amused one another waiting for our departure date as there is not a great deal else to do in Wadi Halfa. The people in Sudan are most generous, friendly and welcoming. This in itself makes the harshness of the surroundings seem like just one of those things.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Gang infront of the Germans Overland Truck.The Gang infront of the Germans Overland Truck.
The Gang infront of the Germans Overland Truck.

10 Overlanders and 3 Dogs (yes the dogs are travelling overland also) waiting for the Ferry between Sudan and Egypt. The road is closed to all but commercial truck so the cars had to be loaded on an overnight ferry up the Nile.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb