Madikwe Hill Game Reserve


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 7th 2015
Published: September 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Madikwe Hills Game Reserve like nothing Ive every experienced!!

We were meet by the staff at the reception, they unloaded our bags and took our hire car, nick named 'the dung beetle' for a little sleep while we enjoyed our stay.

Our room was amazing, they are designed so that every room looks out over the water hole. Ours was broken into 4 sections, the entrance hall leading into the sitting room, equipped with coffee machines and a stocked bar, the bedroom with a dressing room positioned behind the beds, leading onto the bathroom, 2 sinks, a roll top bath and huge shower. All the other rooms benefit from glass walls which can be opened, meaning you can sit in the bath enjoying a glass of wine with the glass wall open looking out into the bush. Then just out side of the bathroom is an outdoor shower, which leads on the wrap around deck, incorporating the rim flow pool.

This holiday was a once in a lifetime experience for me. We enjoyed 2 game drives each day of our stay. The morning drive would start with coffee/tea and rusks in the dinning room before climbing aboard the game viewing vehicle. All of the resorts in the area are in radio contact so that you are given the best opportunity to see the big five.

Just after sun rise as the day is warming up you stop for a coffee/tea break and freshly baked muffins, before you start the slow drive back towards Madikwe and the full breakfast menu that awaits.

The food is second to none, and they feed you. Snacks, 3 meals a days and cakes and tea! prepare your body for truly amazing eating and take some larger clothes!!

Your afternoon game drive leaves an hour or so before sunset and just like the morning drive you stop to enjoy the stunning sun sets in the bush from great vantage points, biltong, droewors and a cheeky beer are all available just to make it that little bit more enjoyable.

All meals are taken on the deck overlooking the waterhole, a truly divine way to dine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb