South African Christmas


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
December 24th 2006
Published: January 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After Zimbabwe, we were met at Johannesburg airport by Beth (Dave's mum) and Peter (her partner). We had a lovely family Christmas at the Johannesburg Country Club. Thank you to Jen and Arthur for organising that.

From Johannesburg we flew to Cape Town. We stayed in a gorgeous guest house in Haupt Bay and took in the Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain and the penguin colony in the couple of days that we had there.

We then drove East along the Garden Route to Sedgefield, where we stayed with Adrienne (Dave's aunt) and her daughter, Jacqui. We had a fabulous few days living at their beautiful timber house perched on the top of a cliff overlooking the ocean. From there we made trips to the Cango Caves and a private game reserve, where we saw giraffes, zebra, and rhino, to name just a few.

On our trip back to Cape Town to catch our flight home we stopped off at the bridge swing, where we jumped and swung from a 200m high bridge over a river. Nic is still wondering whether she will develop schistosomiasis from wading through the river to climb back up. Stay tuned for what she is sure will be a very non-eventful outcome!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb