Wedneday


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
November 30th 2016
Published: December 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

I am writing about Wednesday on Saturday so hope I remember everything! C&F up early and went kayaking leaving the oldies to do there own thing so we went for stroll after breakfast - nothing too energetic for us. When C&F returned they told us plans for rest of day so oldies went for a wee snooze - am telling you sleep important at our age.

We set of at 2pm and visited wine farm for beer and wine tasting along with a light lunch. Owners had a wolf as a pet and it sat under our table while we had lunch- very friendly. We were given 6 glasses with either wine or beer for tasting but have to admit just as well to give me a large glass of chilled Pinot Grigio. After lunch we went on to Stanford which is a small village with some lovely buildings - think you can see Dutch influence but I felt I was in one of those old American towns for some reason. After walk we went into bar for a drink. Francis, always the perfect host, ordered drinks for us. While we waited on drinks, Francis was perched on stool and waitress (native South African methinks) came up to speak to Francis - well talk about getting up close and personal - she had eyes for no one but him. He started getting a wee bit red around the gills and took some teasing for the rest of the night.

We then made our way to an Italian restaurant which F&C go to quite a lot. The owners left Venice about three years ago and ended up in Stanford. The meal was tapas so we could taste all the different dishes washed down with copious amounts of good red wine. The amount of food served was unbelievable and we were all stuffed and we just couldn't manage to eat it all. Was a really good night though with lots of laughter, Claudine kept us all entertained.

Returned to villa for nightcap but after one I called it a night ( do you get the gist I haven't been sleeping well). The others stayed up a bit longer and the story of Fred at Marc's stag was told so you can imagine the reaction.

PS photo in restaurant not very good - the waitress obviously not up for photographer of the year award!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb