Cape Town area


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
February 22nd 2015
Published: February 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Cape Town area

SECOND BLOG - Cape Town area: Highlights of Cape Town area were: 1. Cape Point - about as close as we could get to the southwestern most tip of Africa -- next stop: Antarctica.We called it the Cape of Good Hope in school geography lessons. 2. Table Mountain: we took a cable car up to the top where the view of the whole area was fabulous. 3. Visit to Slave Lodge where there was an interesting history of slavery/Apartheid in South Africa. I thought it might be depressing, but I found it very interesting and informative. OBSERVATIONS:-South Africa is a country of security conscious people. I thought it a bit paranoid. Fenced, rasor wire (barbed wire), double locks, gates and grills. I disliked the system of locking all doors from the inside with a key. In the event of an emergency, you would have to find the key to unlock the door before escaping, windows are heavily grilled.and, of course, security guards. At every shopping mall, at the entrance to every large store or complex, and at every parking lot or street parking. A man is there, flapping his arms to direct you to a spot. As you leave your car, he will say: I will be here taking care of you car. (i.e. he wants a tip).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb