Wandering atop Table Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
April 28th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post


Just one of the world cup stadiums (or is that stadia?)
Relieved, I leave the restaurant, toilets and gift shop compound to find the other one and we wander about around the immediate area, skirting the edges of the mountain, marvelling at the pristine views of the sea and coast. Peering over one of the ledges, I spy the top of a head but know not to panic, I’ve seen the signs. This is not the madness of a man driven to the brink about to throw it all away but the madness of a man who runs abseiling trips down the rock face. Crazies. The other one can’t bring himself to look.


Hmmm just how crazy am I?

Rocky paths pick their way through the fynbos strewn across the mountainous range amd into the distance beyond. I’m surprised as I’d imagined TB to be an ‘arrive, take some pics and leave’ kind of place but instead it’s a wilderness gem with possibilities to hike a number of different trails, though I’d be sure to find out the exact hearing range of the siren device that if it goes off means get off the mountain nooooowww. That might be the time to make friends with the abseiling dude.

With the wind whipping up, we potter for about another 45 minutes finding the views of the city, Robben Island and the new World Cup stadium before returning back to the car and the next part of our adventure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb