J-Bay, Bungee, Baviaans and Oysters!!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
July 10th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Daaaaaaaaaaamn, been a busy week!! Love it :D

So after last time, we hoyed it to Storms River in the combi to check out the Bungee - looked soooooo kool from where we were standing, 216m of adreniline!! We went to a backpackers in Storms River Vllage along the road called Dijembe backpackers, was bery kool, nice rooms, I got a the top of a 3-tier bed :D the had djembies, me and David and another guy had a bit of a jam on them. Ordered pizza, sat round the fire, went to sleep.

So Sat (4th) was Bungee day!! Bloukrans Bungee, highest in the world :D had a massie brekkie that morning, then drove back to the bungee - got full body harnesses (which are actually only used to pull you back up, you're only attatched to the bungee cord on your ankles) and jumped accross the bouncy bridge to the site, much to the annoyance of everyone else who were soiling themselves :p after getting weighted, apparently I'm 67kg, I've definitely not put on that much dammit!! We didn't get a choice on what order we jumped, they did it by weight, I ended up going after Willie and James and before Iona and David. Was awesome!! They filmed it and took photos and I got a t-shirt :D you put your arms round the 2 guys, they should 5 4 3 2 1 BUNGEE!! And you jump (or fall, or are pushed) I must say I did have a pretty good jump :p the rush you get jumping and the second after it is the most amazing feeling in the world - you feel completely... alive, I guess is the best word!! When you're done bouncing, a guy is lowered down to pull you up, its pretty surreal. You're tied in damn tight, the ankles were hurting a bit after, and you feel lightheaded for hours!! Sooooo kool though, would defdo it again!! I was totally boucing before and after it. We then went to J-Bay, stopping en route for some liquids. Got to Island Vibe, was pretty kool at first impressions, very much on the sea, me and Iona were sleeping in the combi,which was nice and warm, while the guys were in tents.We watched the remainder of the British Lions tour, and WE WON THIS TIME!! :D so impressed. Made dinner, had a few drinks, played pool, hoyed it in bed.

Sun 5th - got up fairly early, hoyed brekkie, and we headed down to check out the surf, after a bit of cheap billabong/quicksilver shopping!! Helped James choose pressies 😊 Jeffreys Bay is a weird town, so upmarket touristy with facotry shop outlets, yet pure poverty lying right there on the beach-side as well. Willie brought his kite, I had an awesome time with that, brought back memories of me and Kezzle's kite-flying... miss him!! Played with the surfboard, don't really know how to surf, ended up bodyboarding a lot (soooo awesome on a surfboard, you go so fast!!) good day, love the beach and the sea (shock horror!!) me and Iona just stripepd off to our bikinis and ran in the sea, it was soooo cold!! So refreshing though, again, felt so alive!! Headed back to the backpackers, watcehd the tantalisnig Wimbledon Men's final... I was on the edge of my seat the whole way!! Glad Federer won, myself :p got made dinner, spoke to Royness 😊 played getar, and hoyed it in bed.

Mon 6th - hit the road for the Baviannskloof, after taking photies on the beach with Irona!! Stopped at a few info places on the way. Nice enough drive, can't describe the scenery, it was all just too awesome and dramatic. Nice 1st campsite, a broken boat to fish off, a toilet and shower!! Nice caves around about. Made a fire, built Willie's awesome contraption (a stretchy sheet you attatch to the combi and hoy up with tent pegs, guy ropes and wooden poles with tennis balls on the end) :p we were in the tent that night, bit colder!! Good fun, braaied a bit that night :D

Tue 7th - drove from there to Rooihoek (sp?!) the second campsite. Not as nice this one, but still kool, and it had a pretty awesome beach!! We skimmed stones when we got there 😊 wasn't in the greatest of moods that night, but got over it :p stopped on the way for lunch at a kool viewpoint, with an old broken zipwire!! Had the choons on the go, was lekker. Some massive puddles Willie had to navigate through, and we actually drove past the campsite assuming the gate was locked - if we'd checked, we would have realised it was only a combination lock!! Daaaamn. Was no nice to feel sand again 😊

Wed 8th - drove from Rooihoek to a posh campsite, it was pretty kool, toilets and showers and a nice pond for fishing/paddling with the funny boats :p I CAUGHT MY 1st FISH!! Called it Wilma, after Willie (he introduced me to fishing) got a bit freaked out though, felt a bit mean, tried to take it off the hook and it kept thrashing around, just left it for a minute then put it back :p s'all good!! Very nice fire that night, Willie also decided to smoke through a carrot, which was pretty funny!! Me and Iona had the blow-up matress that night, was pretty good.

Thurs 9th - hung around a bit, washed up (again) :p explored the campsite a bit, spoke to some people from Stellies, fished to no avail, the combi-battery had run flat to we had to jump-start the car with the stellies people with broken jump-leads :p did it eventually though!! Hit the road back to Knysna - honestly some stunning views from Uniondale to Knysna, gorgeous. Was hanging out the window fr the majority of this journey :p stopped at the Big Tree?! as wel, as was pretty kool, went on a little "forest walk" treespotting :p tantalising stuff. Got back to Knysna, to the pharmacy to sort out my ear (it got sore after J-Bay, and was giving me grief all week) and got painkillers and told to come back see the nurse the next day. Went to Highfields Backpackers, as there was no place for us at Willie's sisters, and checked in there, tried to find out where a jaz concert was but it turned out it was way out of town :p spoke to some kool people, made dinner after buying a salad, spoke to mum and the family :D was awesome, been a while, and had a shower and spoke to Roy, was nice, can't believe we're going to Centre Parcs when I get back!! :D:D:D well excited. Me and Iona went out to explore, but its very much a day-festival this Oyster Festival, was dead at night. Went to Zanzibar, and it was actually quite good, Iona cheered up considerably afetr she was dancing :p went back top the backpackers, made Earl Gray :D and slept.

And today, just got up, waited for Iona, went to the pharmacy, the nurse took a lok in my ear and said that ehre was such a build-up of way there was nothing she could do right now except sell me ear-softening drops, and to go back on Mon, will hopefully be on a bus to Graemestown then, but who knows... me and Iona had fun on a bench doing the drops :p and found this internet place - need to print out our Prime Circle tickets :D going to see them tomorrow night, woo!! well hyped up for it :p

Well, might not speak to you guys til Singapore... can't believe its less than 6 days now til I leave SA!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb