More oysters, more Knysna...


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
July 10th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast and a nice walk, we headed towards the Marina in search of laundry facilities. RIGHT after I walked out of the grocery store with a little package of washing powder, I spotted a "we'll do it for you" laundry. BINGO! We dropped off our 2 loads and promised to be back at 5:00 to pick them up. Then we did a little internet time at a "real" internet cafe (as in, they ACTUALLY served coffee and/or snacks!) Then off we scooted, back to Knysna. Stopped along the way to get some craft items for Boo, and to look for some for ourselves. I'm not 100% sure these carvings and things were really South African, but I liked how they looked. I think they will be nice in our living room. We also spotted a stall of the much-talked-about Cheese Man. He convinced us of his cheesy prowess with one taste of his 3-year-old peppercorn cheese--divine! We also bought superb dried mangos and more droewors. 😊 By now, we were approaching lunch time, and we had an event at 2:00 for Owen, so we walked towards the Waterfront in search of more oysters. 34* South was great. We ate outside again, had a snappy young "waitron", and some delicious lunch. Ross had oysters and salad, I had a stunning salad with shrimp and a heavenly smoked Outeniqua trout pate. Owen had smoked salmon California rolls (our little sushi maven!) We were stuffed, so dessert, a scruptious-looking milk tart was packaged up for after dinner. We watched the time pretty carefully, and walked briskly over to the local primary school. This was the venue of Owen's Kids' Cooking class, a R15, 45-minute food-and-fun event. O came away with a paper chef's hat, a box of cookies and other baked goods, AFTER having consumed a hamburger and a muffin during the class! (Remember how full we all were??) Next, we walked over to a very nice, but sprawly mall, where I got a David Kramer CD (perfect for our drive through the Little Karoo!) And we stopped for a final oyster blast at Tribes. We made it back to Sedgefield in time to collect our laundry. Had a nice lazy dinner of sausage rolls and salad, our 34* South milk tart, enjoyed some Mitchell's beer, and turned in.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb