Day 14 - A Sleep In - Yay


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
August 8th 2018
Published: August 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Aah, a slow day at last. We get to sleep in until 0700. Today we have a 1000 start so a very causal breakfast and then a very short drive to the waterfront for a boat trip on the Knysna Lagoon.

Dropped off at the start of a mini shopping strip. Almost like some of the crew hadn’t been near shops for an eternity. Some had to buy and buy they did. We looked, but not inclined to buy like some of the others. One bought new shoes (as her husband said, she is a shoeaholis), another had a table cloth, new hat (of the tourist and bowl variety) and a puffer vest, another a new frock and a ring, and others with general touristy bits. These shops must love coach tours.

Anyway, we finally do what we are here for - board our vessel for the trip of a lifetime.... Away we go, safety talk happens with bad dad jokes. Oh dear, that sort of trip on a lagoon that is only 4 metres at its deepest, butbthey spruik safety vests and how to swim... Intersting houses in the shores and some other nice sights. Facts they were offering we had already heard in our other talks, but we smiled and listened attentively.....

Back in shore, the to our lunch of oysters and other stuff. We had an oyster presentation of how they are grown, farmed and eaten. Then we had a demonstration of shucking. One of our crew invited to shuck beside the master, and our to shame but not disgraced. Now we get to eat the shucks molluscs, and very nice units indeed.

We now have the rest of the day to ourselves. The tour director has arranged for anyone who wants to go into town on the coach rather than walk. We decide to do the latter. Drop bags in room and then walk into town. A very pleasant wander around and back to the hotel. Go to the bar and chat with a few other people, then to dinner with one of the couples. Nice chat and good food and wine. Very pleasant evening.

All in all, a good day of doing not much, if that is the proper way to say it......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.768s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.5077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb