Thursday 12th February - Gordon's Bay


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Gordon's Bay
February 12th 2015
Published: February 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 12th February 2015: day eleven - Gordon's Bay



There was no specific plan for today other than to relax, enjoy some sunshine and have a look around the area.



We managed a short boat handling session in False Bay, on Nick and Dena's power boat. It was relatively calm but there was some swell coming in from the SE so that added a little interest to the trip out. No sign of any fish in False Bay, including the infamous Great White Shark that uses this area for breeding and feeding on the rather large seals that frequent the harbours and nearby waters.



We took in a house viewing later in the day.....

That's a house being sold with a great sea view from the deck, the main bed rooms and guest quarters...... Problem is it need serious work and attention plus a vernacular to get you up to the property!!!! If you are approaching an age of vertical challenges this was not for you!!?

Lovely, but not at any expense!



Another property just on the market had similar attractions and excellent sea views too

It didn't need a lift or vernacular and it was only 150 metres from the beach.

V interesting.

3 large beds. A small kitchen and small dinner, plus lounge area that could all be knocked into one. Two bathrooms, an absolutely fantastic entertainment area, which was crying out for a hot tub.

There were also two very large individual garages for storage and three free standing car parking slots in front of the garages.

Lovely thoughts about this property and further enquiries/possible offer in the future.



INTERESTING FACTS: Shark sightings in the area are displayed to the public via a flag system that warns whether to get on the water or not!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb