Franschhoek Friday


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Franschhoek
December 2nd 2016
Published: December 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast outside on patio, went for walk along Main Street and went to look for villa we stayed in last time. Recognised it straight away although wondered if it now has extension to the side. Went to ticket booth to enquire about tram to wine farms. This is hop on hop off service and allows you to visit up to six farms. The girl in booth was a bit crabbit as we seemed to be at cross purposes. We wanted to go for a nice lunch at one of farms then do tour another day. Went back to villa after lunch and after much dithering (where is Claudine when you need her) decided to book lunch for tomorrow at Mont Rochelle which is owned by Richard Branson. We will get taxi - no Tuk Tuks for us.

Went for dinner to Cafe Bonbon which is rated best restaurant in Franschoek, however it soon became apparent Fred not feeling well as could not eat meal or drink wine - defo no very well. The restaurant was lovely, had piano player who was tadge on the thin side and was getting on Chockey's nerves playing all the old tunes. There was also a cockerel called Henrich which was sleeping in a corner behind our table. The waitress warned us he had habit of jumping on tables. I would have died if that had happened but fortunately he didn't budge from his corner. The restaurant was full of pensioners - but wait a minute we are pensioners - but was a bit staid for us. If Fred had been fit and we had started laughing maybe we would have been asked to leave. Returned home and Fred went straight to bed and the three musketeers had a nightcap before retiring. Fred didn't have good night and was sick in the morning - oh the joys, will need to be a bit more sympathetic and nurse him today - just what I'm good at.



PS - update on Chockey's health - finished antibiotics but still coughing but not as much but has sore throat now. Think he's fed up with it but he's being a brave soldier. Poor Chockey as Fred would say.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb