Day 177 - Boxing Day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » False Bay
December 26th 2006
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For some reason a slightly hungover start this morning. We weren’t up for anything too strenuous so we headed back to the beach, this time choosing the far colder waters of the peninsula’s Western side. The difference in water temperature really is incredible when you think we were only a few miles from the guesthouse and its bath-like water. Ed took a dip for all of about 5 minutes and then emerged from the sea in a scene reminiscent of Casino Royale. (Unfortunately that’s not entirely accurate.) After a quick shower we made our way to the Harbour House restaurant in Kalk Bay, our favourite place from the last time we visited South Africa. This time it was our turn to treat the rest of the family to a nice meal out and the restaurant was true to its word and we got the window seat we’d asked for when we booked 6 months ago. The restaurant’s location is hard to better, literally right on the ocean. Kalk Bay is a fishing village and the fishing boats unload about 20m from the restaurant’s kitchen so they get to pick the best bits. The seafood platters were delicious and just enormous.

Following a similar format to the previous day, we then went back to Moonglow for a bit more drinking and a lot of sleeping.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 23; qc: 104; dbt: 0.1419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb