Wine and view!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
May 8th 2016
Published: May 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day of wining and dining. We had booked a group tour with yourafricastory. Bruce the owner is really nice guy, he has done so many things in his life, very interesting to talk to. Today we had a small group of six people. We started our day with a hearty breakfast at the lodge. I had muffin and poridge. Then it was off to wineries outside of cape town. The first place we stopped was big winery with cheese tasting also. Here we talked a bit about different wines and how to taste. We tried about 7 wines here, and a lots of cheese. I wish I could buy something here, but we were going to fly domestic soon with no checked bag. Some of the cheese were really good here.
Next it was off to a smaller but more upscale winery. Here we tried a couple of "high quality" (read high priced) wines both red and white, and then some brandy. These were definitely better than the previous. The next stop was lunch, and some more wine with it. This time I had a rosé. Post lunch another winery. This one was perched on a hill top with beautiful views, but was kind of crowded. There was also some kind of wedding going on, great setting for that. Here we tried a couple of wines but no one liked any. This was also very modern place with sealed cellar and everything computerized. I guess tradition does win sometimes as wines at more traditional wineries were better. We left here quickly. The last stop was a winery named after a frog. Here we had more time to look at the Keller, and hear few minutes about their wines. Then we sat down comfortably to try some more wines and cheese. These were good cheese and some more tasty wines. Then it was off back to cape town.
Today for dinner we decided to try the Ethiopian place, but it seemed too touristy. So we went to another place called Mesopotamia, a Kurdish restaurant. The food was OK, not great and overpriced for this place. Service was extremely slow. I guess I would like to eat more local next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Atristic wineryAtristic winery
Atristic winery

This one was quite modern with everything automated - though wine not so good.


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb