The winelands and Kirstenbosch botanical gardens


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 1st 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

A liquid lunch is not the most appealing after a session at Mama Africa and night caps at Ashanti, but that's exactly what we were in for. South African wines are delicious, tho I still didn't find a red wine that I was particularly keen on (sorry Karen!). My fave was Mustac...something, a sweet desert wine, but could quite happily have bought a few bottles of the white wines (Sauvigon Blanc...yum!)

And then to Kirstenbosch botanical gardens...miles of exotic flowers and trees and a healing garden with a flower or herb for every illness or ailment. We had lunch on the grass...followed by a nap in the sun (not in the original schedule, but necessary), and then was encouraged to carry out a liberating exercise whereby you close your eyes, place your arm on the hand-rail and let your senses guide you through the forest for a few hundred metres. Quite bizarre, but enjoyed it. Lost concentration when got the giggles at American Rem's comment who, feeling doubtful about the exercise, said, 'maaan, I thought the idea was to look at the scenery in this place, we're probably gonna miss the big five, have zebras passing us by...'

Went
Camps BayCamps BayCamps Bay

The view of the sunset from Camps Bay..different in the cloud
to watch the sunset at Camp's Bay. Think will struggle to find a sunset view to match that of Table Mountain (we've been a bit spoilt I guess) and yesterday was quite cloudy. Just walking along that beautiful beach was enough tho. Paella dinner on the seafront was delicious, even if it was maybe a bit too touristy.



(pics especially for Mushy)









Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Kirstenbosch Botanical GardensKirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

Reminded me of those funky jester hats
Kirstenbosch Botanical GardensKirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

Guinea-fou (not sure how I spell this) poodling about
Kirstenbosch Botanical GardensKirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens

Another one for Mushy!!


2nd October 2006

Excellent
Em, Excellent diary entry - many thanks for adding colour to my first day back in the office. I had some toilet trouble this morning caused, I'm sure, by a pint of IPA in the Old Black last night. I went on to Newcastle Brown after that. I just wanted something English after drinking Spanish lager all week. Keep checking out the website for all the latest from the factory crane market at www.hoistmagazine.com Keep in touch, Shirty PS Good luck in the township.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb