Table Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 22nd 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello fellow bloggers



Today i will be telling you about my experience at Table Mountain.



Now this Mountain has an elevation of 1084.6 metres. It is a sandstone Mountain. The easiest route to access it is Platteklip Gorge. The mountain has a flat top and it actually forms a prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town. This mountain is is a significant attraction. People come from all over just to see it. They go up either using the cable car,like i did, or they can hike up various hiking trails,something which i am way to lazy to do. there are various fauna and flora at the top of the mountain. When i went up in the cable car it was really fun its nice and big. It overlooks the entire city the higher it goes and is breath taking. When we got to the top we explored the place and took pictures. There were a few weird animals running around there between the bushes. some which i have never seen or heard of before. It is known as the Dassie. There are also porcupines, mongooses,snakes, and tortoises. activities on the mountain are hiking,caving and rock climbing.



All in all it was fun and i would encourage anyone to go and have a look at the place. You wont be sorry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb