Cape of Good Hope


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
August 18th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a full day tour of the Western Cape. It was cold and rainy most of the day so weather wise it was less than ideal but the rain held off enough for when we were outside so it turned out ok. Our first stop was an island nearby that has a ton of seals on it. We took a small boat cruise out through extremely choppy water to a big area of large rocks that was covered in seals. We hovered around them for a while and got some nice photos and then headed back to land.

Second stop on our tour today was the Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern point in Africa. We took a small walk up near the lighthouse that is at the Cape and then moved on.

Third stop was Boulder, a small town that is now home to a large population of African Penguins. The penguins are about a foot tall and there was a boardwalk which let us walk through their habitat right onto the beach. There were plenty of them all around and we were able to get pretty close to them.

Last stop was Kirstenbosch where they had the National Botanical Garden. I took a ton of pictures of different flowers but the rain forced us inside so we weren't able to look at too much.

Dinner earlier tonight was at another African restaurant. Jason had lamb and I had a baby kingfish. Both were good and we forgot to take photos so you can't salivate over them this time.

Tomorrow we're heading out for a tour of the Cape Winelands so it should be a great day filled with lots of good wine. Going to keep this one short today - I'm tired so I'm going to post a bunch of photos and call it a night. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Baboon WarningBaboon Warning
Baboon Warning

We didn't see any baboons


6th June 2012

hi there
this set of blogs is getting me all excited for my upcoming trip to South Africa. i should be busy in the next few days. in fact, ive been writing down food tips (now you know where my interests lie) esp when we get to 12 Apostles Hotel. Nice. Thanks for the tips!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb