THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
June 18th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What did I tell you? We have never seen a Team we support win overseas. Bafana Bafana lost last night. We really want them to go through to the next round so as to keep the amazing atmosphere that surrounds the World Cup, alive. You would be surprised at the amount of people walking around in Bafana Bafana colours. Even the TV presenters are wearing them on TV - don’t suppose that would happen in the UK.
We were up at 3 a.m this morning to get to the airport for our flight to Cape Town. Everyone advised us to arrive early. We were so early there were only us two and the cleaning lady. People didn’t start arriving until 40 minutes before the flight.
Cape Town is stunning. Our Guest House is at the foot of Table Mountain which dwarfs the whole City. Cape Town has a very distinct Key West Florida feel about it. You will be pleased to know Dumb and Dumber are back in business, but on foot this time. On trying to find the V & A Waterfront area our attempt took us 2hours plus to find it, going downhill, for a walk that would be no longer than 40minutes - lost again. It took us even longer coming back because we had to walk up hill and stop off at various watering holes for liquid refreshment and a chat with English supporters on the way. Some of these guys have flown in for the weekend to watch this one game - now that’s support. There are so many English supporters here in Cape Town. They have practically taken over the V & A Waterfront. The area is so smart and lively. One thing in our favour is that we appear to have brought the good weather with us from Jo’Burg. Cape Town has had some awful weather recently, but it has changed now and is really sunny.
We went to a fabulous restaurant in Kloof Street for an evening meal and popped into a backpackers bar for a night cap. What a place - never again. Tomorrow we are off to a cable ride on Table Mountain, then V & A to join up with the England Fans. Andy and Dag are flying in from Jo’Burg so we will see them and hopefully Nick and Raphael. Come on Algeria!!!!!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb