Day 22: Cape of Good Hope (Deja Vu)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
April 29th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning, a new tour group arrived. 09h00 precisely, I went out to the Big Red Bus and was met by 7 non-English speaking French people and a German, living in the US. This was going to be an exciting trip!

The rest of the day followed the same programme as Day 19 with the exception that we went from the Cape directly into Cape Town, so that the new group could do some shopping. Later in the evening, we were to get a taxi and go for a meal on the water front.

Come 19h00, the two guides and myself found ourselves waiting with two taxis; there was no sign of the others. Maxwell went around to the B&B and attempted to get a response - nothing. We waited some more and, half an hour late, the French group arrived, having been sitting in their garden drinking whisky. Needless to say, there followed a lecture on punctuality!

Arriving at the Waterfront, we encountered the next problem - the French were not willing to pay the taxi fare! Some discussion followed and eventually the fare was obtained. After that, it was made clear that the evening meal was self-funded, including the fare home!

It was going to prove an interesting trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb