Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 13th 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So now we're in Capetown staying in a backpackers hanging out until Friday when Jac, Kath and Kate fly off to South America and I head to Qatar to see the Storms.

It was quite a strange feeling to leave the tour yesterday and as I've already mention we are choosing to still spend time together as a group. We went on a trip out to Robben Island yesterday afternoon, the island holds the prison where a large amount of political prisoners were held during the apartheid years including Nelson Mandela. It was also a leper colony for many years, a base during WW2 and a mental asyslum so it's had a rather interesting history.

Last night we headed out for dinner with a few people from the tour and brought them back to the backpackers for a few drinks.

We all had a sleep in this morning.....after 21 days of early mornings and sleeping on a mattress on the ground it was lovely to lie in bed until late! After a fantastic brekkie at the backpackers we headed to Table Mountain to walk up......we had thought it was going to be a leisurely wander but pretty quickly realised that it as a mammoth task but we all made it and it was worth it to see the views from the top. We had thought about walking back down but chose the cable car instead as we didn't think our legs or lungs would take it!

After 3 weeks of being in very remote places Cape Town is quite a shock to the system and we're all a bit nervous out on the streets.....given that 3 people from our tour were mugged on the first day here we have been warned!

We're off on a wine tour tomorrow.....you'd think we would have had enough drinking by now wouldn't you!! And yes we'll be doing it with 4 other people from the tour :-)

Sorry about no photos....I may try the computers at the backpackers as they will probably be a lot better.

Smiles
Trace
XX

Advertisement



13th October 2009

hey Trace...ur trip sounds like it has a been a blast, look forward to seeing you on saturday. Keep safe Love The Storms xxx
13th October 2009

Hi
Hi Hotty, What an amazing adventure you are having. It certainly sounds like the trip of a life time so keep on living it up.Yes it does sound like all you guys are doing is drinking but why not. I got all excited about the photos only to be let down again, its like waiting for xmas when you are a small child. Adelaide is still very cold wet and raining so hoping it gets better soon as I am sick of winter. Anyway stay safe in the big city won't you. Looking forward to the next episode as always. Troy xx
14th October 2009

WOW jungle girl
Farout sounds a scary place SA! bit Like Dundee... Glad you are having a good time... We need some fotos to brighten our drab lives...
15th October 2009

still no photos
Hi everyone. I can't find any internet cafes that will allow downloading of photos here so will have to do it in Qatar......probably on Sunday. Hope everyone is happy and well :-) Trace XX

Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb