Not long left now!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, hows things where you are? Hope all is good!

So last time i chatted we had just done the big bungy (which was awesome!!), and that night we had a bit of a party. Sister Mary James (aka James) did his show which was really good fun, then we all carried on having quite a few drinks in the bar and around the fire. Got to meet a few interesting people including some football crazy English guys who were just staying there for the night (it was like being back at home!).
The next morning we dragged our arses out of bed a lot later than planned to head over to Knysna and also bought James with us as he was going in the same direction. On the way we stopped for some lunch at a really nice hotel and had some delicious pavlova! In Knysna we stayed at Buffalo Bay in a really nice backpackers that was right on the beach. The first night we set the tent up on the roof and had an amazing view of the stars and the ocean, however it was really windy that night and being on the roof the tent was shaking all night! So the next night we moved the tent onto the beach and slept a lot better! This was a really nice place with gorgeous scenery and it was the perfect place to relax for a few days, swim in the ocean and take a short hike throught the woods.
After a couple of night we moved on to Mossel Bay, where we were also close to the beach and did some swimming. The second day here we went to do the smaller bungy jump, which was also awesome!!! Though after doing the big bungy i figured this one wouldnt be as good, so i made it more exciting by doing it backwards! No, i dont mean i started at the bottom (as someone else asked!), i started at the top with my heels over the edge rather than my toes, then fell backwards. This was really scary and falling that way felt really weired, but it was amazing! Me and Frans also did the tandom bridge swing where you jump together, and that was great fun too but i think Frans was a little deaf after i screamed in his ear.
Recovering from the adrenaline rush in Mossel Bay, we drove onto Cape Town which is where we are now. I think this has to be the most windy place i have ever been, and i will have an afro by the time i leave! Yesterday we hiked up Table Mountain which was a bit of a mission in the blazing sun! However, right at the top it was really windy and cold. We planned to stay at the top till the sun set so that we could get some really good pics, then take the cable car down in the dark. But unfortunately it was too windy so they had to send everyone down early as they could not opperate the cable car in the strong wind. This was a really weird experience as there was a really loud siren to warn you that you had to leave NOW. It felt like we were in a war and they were warning us that there was about to be bombs dropped. But anyway, we made it down safely! Today we went ice skating, yep thats right, ice skating in South Africa! It was good fun though Frans didnt like it so much coz he spent the whole time trying not to fall over, Hehe!

Well thats it for now, see you all soon!

😊 x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb