made it


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 4th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

really quick entry to let you guys know that we made it out here with no worries. feels amazing to have finally got here! plane ride was fine, particularly due to the valium!!

anyway, we're starting off as we don't mean to go on, although we would love to go on this way. by this we mean that we're staying in a fat pad built into the mountains in cape town (with jules's aunt and uncle). so for now at least, we got a big bouncy bed and a balcony with a view of the ocean and surrounding mountains. and a 3 legged cat and a really cute but very dumb dog. we're gonna stay here till the weekend and then we're off on the road to head east. so far we're still trying to get our heads around the fact that this isn't a fortnight holiday where we have to cram everything in as quickly as possible and that we're here for a while. think that's gonna take a while to sink in actually.

so far we've not done all that much really. yesterday (our first full day here) we drove around cape town and realised that it's really hard to get lost around here, as there's about 2 main roads. we hit a coupla beaches, ate some great food and again tried to get to grips with the fact that we're not coming home for quite a while. would love to say that it's blazing hot, but we won't lie... it's still spring which is unpredictable and a bit on the nip side.

today involved some more driving around and generally more of the same. we checked out a place where jules had stayed 4 yrs ago with miriam, an amazing stately home with stunning grounds and gardens and rooms and totally and utterly unaffordable for this particular trip. oh well, nice to have the preview at least.

we'll upload some photos soon of where we're staying and some of cape town.

hope all is good with all of ya's. will update again soon.

big love..

jonny and jules
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb