Day two in Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
July 26th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the beautiful day yesterday, the wind at night, and the rain beating against the window was a great indication of what the day was about to have in store.. well in terms of weather at least... so it poured all day, the wind just howled, and actually flooded a number of roads around the Cape, and did quite a lot of damage in the townships (but more on that in the next blog)
so today, i went on a tour through the winecountry around the Eastern Cape and the Stellenbosh area, since it seems like a good idea to stay inside a van or inside a winery for most of the day, taste the cullininary pleasures the cape has to offer, and of course sample LOTS of great wines.

I met once again a couple of nice people, and since there was only five of us ( 2 americans, 2 irish and myself) after the first winetasting at 10 am, we already became best of friends 😊. This tour was quite differnet from some of the others i expereinced in Australia and NZ, in such that we actually really learned how to taste the wine, what to look for, and all kinds of other neat wine trivia, so aside from the great wine and amazing food, it was quite educational.

Once i arrived at the hostel, my friends from last night were already waiting, and we all headed out to a fun fish restaurant, picked up another guy from Germany along the way, and enjoyed the food and soem great laughs. Daniel, the guy from Sweden who i met the day before has been on a 2 year bike trip from Cape Horn in Norway to Cape Town South Africa, and he showed us his slides on his laptop upon our return from dinner... talk about absolutly amazing! His story is truly a once in lifetime account, and i can already promise you that i will be promoting his book to all of you once it is published! 2 years on a bike, 32,000 km, though Russia in winter, the desert in summer, chased by lions and elephants, and so on, just unreal.

well that was it for the night, and another great day in the Cape has passed.

Cheers SL

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb