Baboon on the side of the road…


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
July 3rd 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast and a leisurely pack-job, we left for Mossel Bay. Just out of Cape Town, a baboon ran on to the side of the road--glad we didn't hit it!! Gave us something to chuckle over! We headed to Hermanus via the N2 and, while we saw no whales at all, we had a heavenly lunch at Harbour Rock. Owen had the calamari he has been waiting for. I had a delicious seafood chower and the most beautiful salad. After lunch, we messed about in some tidal pools, and collected some shells, including a baby abalone. We saw a cuttlefish bone and thought of Feathers! Then on we hustled to Mossel Bay, stopping briefly at a farm shop just after Swellendam for coffee, droewors, fudge (REAL fudge) and koeksister. Yum. Saw LOTS of sheep, an quite a number of ostriches along the way. We got to Mossel Bay after dark, and Gail directed us to her guesthouse, Asgaard Valhalla. Lovely! Dee and her 3 kiddos were visiting, so we had a wonderful dinner and evening of catching up. Haven't seen Dee in 14 years and Gail in 20. Dee's kids are cute as can be. Her youngest had reflux, which basically went away after 3 months--hang in there Conor, Boo and Tim!! We caught our journals up and tucked in for a cozy night in a truly pretty setting!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb