Twenty-Two


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
May 22nd 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

By the time that we hit ground in Cape Town after a ten hour flight from Doha, Gene and I needed the next three days just to stabilize our blood pressure. We were delirious by the time that we arrived at the doorstep of our bed and breakfast - Twenty-Two - where we were greeted by our vivacious hosts, Allan and Dominic. Deducing that our British keepers for the next few days were a gay couple, I felt a sense of relief in knowing that we would receive the utmost hospitality and, more than likely, find our accommodations immaculately clean.

As we crossed the threshold, I fell instantly in love with the contemporary furnishings of the home and the quick-wittedness of our hosts. Gene and I were in no hurry to venture out into unexplored territory and spent the next two hours relaxing on the patio over conversation with Allan and Dominic. As expected, their hospitality was superb - Allan rummaged around for a box and suitable packing materials for our recently purchased souvenirs and scheduled us for two hair appointments the following day, despite any formal request on our behalves to do so.

Looking forward to a decent meal, Gene and I headed to a local café recommended by Allan for lunch. We were surprised to find that food and wine in Cape Town is exceptionally cheap and determined to spoil ourselves with good food for the remainder of our stay.

Our day was concluded with a gondola ride to the top of Table Mountain, where the table cloth of clouds hovering over its peak substantiated the mountain’s gloomy reputation and frigid weather. Sadly enough, we were back in our room and down for the count before 8 p.m.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Robbin IslandRobbin Island
Robbin Island

Where Nelson Mandela was held.


21st June 2007

A W E S O M E
What a delight to the eye - every picture in the past three blogs are incredible - wishing that I were standing in the very spot you chose...how awesome Africia looks - how incredible the history - I can't even imagine the Safari.....the sights - although it sounds as if your also enjoying the food. Enjoy.....there is so much more ahead.... Love, Mikkie

Tot: 0.59s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 91; dbt: 0.3999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb