Conquering the Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town » Cape Flats
December 21st 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Upon waking it was a beautiful clear day - perfect for climbing the mountain. Keen as, we got dropped off at the Gorge and started the ascent. No probs - we can do this!!! About 100 metres into the climb, Kristen and I could hardly move while Pete a.k.a. "The Mountain Goat" was powering on. So, we did what every defeated climber does and took the trek around the mountain, down to the base and went up in the comfort of the cable car. Amazing views over Cape Town and the surrounds. The photos don't do it justice. Once on top of the mountain the clouds started rolling in so quickly.

The evening was spent at a restuarant called Mama Africa which was sensational. A fabulous African percussion band played and after a few local beverages Kristen and I felt we could shake our bootie just like the locals. Aparantly we couldn't, but we had fun trying!!! Don't panic everyone, I bought the CD so we can have a repeat performance back home.

Today we are going to a coastal town to enjoy a day of rest at a groovy beachside restaurant set on the Atlantic ocean.

Hope everyone is well. We'll blog soon.

Happy Birthday Jen for yesterday.

Kath & Richie - please remember to put out the garbage.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Find the LizardFind the Lizard
Find the Lizard

There were heaps of lizards on the walk around the mountain. Maddy & Ames - try to find the lizard in this picture.


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb