Major Shifts Redefining Global Travelling Trends


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town » Camps Bay
July 31st 2014
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The global travel industry has been witnessing major transitions for the past few years. It is a fact that an increasing number of tourists have shifted from the conventional travelling aspects and have searched for something new. This has somewhere helped to shape the travelling industry in a new way.

Looking forward to the future of global travelling industry, it can be rightly said that, there are various factors that will force the global tourists to think positive. The following are some of the major shifts that are redefining the global travelling trends and helping the tourists to experience a convenient tour.


Technology Driven Shifts



Mobile Hotel Booking



helping the tourists to book hotel rooms in the same day of arrival within a specific destination. This has undoubtedly relieved the tourists from the hassles of last minute hotel bookings and reservations.



In-Flight Entertainment
Various airlines have focused on providing in-flight entertainment to the passengers through personal smart devices like I-Phones, Smart Phones and I-Pads. The digitalized content of the airline services can be directly integrated with the personal devices. In addition to this, there are various organizations that are focusing on offering Wi-Fi services on air along with live streaming of television channels.



Digital Maps- The True Guide for a Solo Traveller
Innovative digital maps have changed the complete concept of travelling. These maps are particularly helpful for the solo travellers. With advanced applications like GPS, tracking systems, digital mapping, etc., a particular destination is not inaccessible anymore.


Preference Driven Shifts



Culinary Travel Packages
With time, more and more travellers are opting for the food tourism plans. These plans offer an opportunity to the tourists to taste the exquisite dishes of a destination as well as, learn the techniques of cooking them. These tour plans are considered to be an innovative brand extension which has the capacity to help the tourism industry of a nation flourish on terms of foreign money.



Renting Luxury Villas Instead of Regular Hotels and Resorts
Renting luxury villas, while travelling is one of the most interesting shifts. More and more tourists are opting for luxury villas in exotic tourist destination in order to get a taste of personalization. Most of these villas offer convenient renting options along with additional facilities like personal guides and cooks, in order to make the stay convenient and relaxing.



Affordable Luxury Hotels
An increasing number of hotel and resort owners are focusing on building up small hotels with luxurious interiors. This is helping the tourists to get a taste of luxury at a comparatively lower price.

Individual preferences of the tourists have facilitated these changes as much as technology. These shifts are undoubtedly going to be the ruling trends for the coming years.

Author’s Bio- James Patrick is a proficient author and a travel enthusiast who loves to write on various topics related to travelling. He suggests the travellers to rent luxury villas in Cape Town while travelling to that particular destination.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb