Beaverlac & West Coast


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Northern Cape
December 16th 2009
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Loo timeLoo timeLoo time

make sure you bring it back! I'm next!
Now this was REAL camping, not for sissies! We had to take all the water we would need for 5 days, that would be for drinking,cooking and cleaning.... We also made loo time easier by taking with a 'toilet'... but Zeedah wasn't convinced.. perhaps next time??

On this trip we were joined by Grant and Vouna, Zeedah, Nick and Wanda. This is Grant and Vouna's first camping trip with us and even rented a 4x4 to try out the fun...more about that later...

Our first night we stopped over at pet friendly Beaverlac in the Cedarberg region, about 25km from Porterville. They do not book campsites, so first come first serve, and thankfully there weren't a lot of people there so we parked off under a few trees...
After unpacking and setting up our tents we made a fire and got cooking! After din-dins it was sleepy time, this was interesting...Zeedah slept with us in our rooftop tent and Grant and Vouna in their tent and Nick and Wanda in their tent...and bakkie.......

Before heading off to the wild West Coast there was time for a quick dip in one of the amazing rockpools there, obviously dapper Nick
Hair-doHair-doHair-do

a girl's gotta do her hair you know!
had to show us how it's done by climbing up and jumping of the tall cliff...ai! my nerves!!!

Driving and driving and driving later we finally saw the Blue!! Yay!!! now we just had to try and head up the windy sandy path along the coast and find a spot to camp. It's so remote and we probably only passed 4 other campers over a space of like 100km..

Ok, so we found a nice easy path down to the beach and with deflated tyres of about 1.5bar we headed right down, I know we are not allowed to drive on the beach but we werent planning to....but then ...urmmm...urmm.. yip we got stuck!! It's not fun if you don't get stuck! Really! so no more explaining or excuses the pictures tell all...

It was awesome spending a few nights camping on the beach, nobody around..just us..we felt safe..from people anyway, but when it got dark and those sand gogga's came travelling up the beach the mood changed!
Looking up at the stars, hearing the waves thunder in and smelling that crisp fresh air was just what we needed..creation is awesome!!

Loo time was ok for some of us, taking our toilet seat and toilet roll over the grassy hill and hoping no one is looking you get the job done... for others, it was hard work and a real challenge!

Ok, so hopefully soon we will be doing the West Coast again but this time a little longer and a little further up..see you soon x


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

next camp spotnext camp spot
next camp spot

it was awesome!
SupermodelSupermodel
Supermodel

I can still look good even when camping..


10th January 2011

i look sooooooooooooooooooo weird!!! :)
10th January 2011

that was fun! :) x

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb