Skukuza !


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Skukuza
September 28th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.9854, 31.6018

It was still raining when we awakened at Pretoriuskop but we decided to go on early morning drive and see if it would clear up by the time we came back. We told Jerry and Tom we would meet them at the reception at Skukuza at noon to check in.

We were in the first five cars at the gate and took off to see what we could see. We drove down to the Shitlehave dam and checked the birds out. It was misting and would sometimes rain down a little harder. Don't know if it was because of the rain but things were pretty quiet as we drove around. We also checked out Waterhole road as well and it was quiet as well. We did see some very nice giraffe and zebra while we were out.

Got to the reception at Skukuza and checked in. We also changed our hut at Letaba to camping so we could all be together. Booked some days at Satara and then Letaba and then to find a camping spot with a power point. Still having trouble with the extension cord so I bought a South African cord that was 15 feet long which would allow us to plug in the fan or anything that needed to be charged.

Fixed avocado wraps for everyone and then took a rest and then it was time to get ready for our afternoon drive. It continued to be fairly quiet with none of the predators visible but we did enjoy all the other species as they appeared for us. We even got to see a tortoise ambling down the road.

As we were driving back to camp, a couple of hyenas came ambling down the road. Don't know where they had been but to near gate closing to go back to see if we could find a kill. Back at camp where we had a drink and Tom had fixed spaghetti and we fixed a salad. Tomorrow we will be moving on to Satara. Got very sick during the night--food poisoning, 24 hour bug, not sure but do know it was not fun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 112, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

//misty morning game drive//misty morning game drive
//misty morning game drive

see the little one?


28th October 2013

I have sat here the better part of afternoon and evening just going through the preserve right behind your camera. I am trying to send a letter to you, but your photos outshine any thoughts I have. I believe that you have captured the livi
ng soul of Africa and I plan on taking the photos and just paint them all into a book just for me. I will capture what your souls have conjured and enjoy every stroke as a gift from the two you.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb