Wedding Day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Sabi Sands
October 23rd 2010
Published: October 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After lunch we went back to the room to find some beer on ice for Trev. It's standard practice to give both the bride and groom champagne, but the staff here have got to know us well enough that they thought Trev would prefer beer. I then went up to the Rock Lodge to get ready. They put me in the Master Suite which is a 3 level room complete with only plunge pool overlooking the fabulous view. My bottle of Moet was on ice...

The Minister came to see me before the service. He's a lovely guy called Carl who lives in the Kruger. He was very friendly and down to earth. Once I'd finished getting changed, and everything else was ready I had to walk to where the ceremony was being held. It was a bit daunting! There was my hubby to be, the Minister, our witnesses Kim and Dane, and Sam the driver, please a mini choir. I had to walk down about 2 dozen steps to meet them all. Not good for someone who doesn't like being the centre of attention, and who falls over on a regular bases even when not in a long dress and heels! It was a gloriously sunny day and the sun was just started to drop. The temperatures had hit 35-40 that day and you could certainly still feeling it burning down onto us. Carl made a lovely speech about a relationship being like a Safari(!) and then we had the vows. Trev fluffed his lines! He was so nervous bless him! We then sat down at what looked like a tribal table complete with high backed thrones to sign the register. Once this was all out of the way we could both relax and chat with everyone, drink more champagne, and cut and devour the cake! The choir sang some traditional african songs for us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb