Leopard in Tree Hard to See


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Hazyview
June 23rd 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Old Buffalo Males rest in the Sabie River Bed.Old Buffalo Males rest in the Sabie River Bed.Old Buffalo Males rest in the Sabie River Bed.

At night they will have to survive lion attacks.
Geo: -25.0557, 31.1318

We are once again, behind in our stories and so some of the entries are run together or in this case something exciting like a leopard in a tree and has been given a story line of its own.

From looking at the pictures, this appears to be the leopard we saw toward the end of the evening drive. There was an animal jam and people told us it was a leopard in a tree. The problem was people at one end of the jam were looking one way and people at the other end were looking the other way. So which was it??

Finally we talked to a couple who asked if we could see the leopard. No, well it is very hard to see but you can see from where we are........it is covered with branches in some areas but you can see it. Finally got ourselves positioned and there it was. Watched it for awhile before we had to head in. As we were leaving, people from the other direction asked it we had seen it........you can see it fine from here. Could not really see where they were looking but all was fine with us.

Even though there are not pictures to support this part of the story, it was a Big Five day! The lions we saw that day were a female lion out on the sand sitting by herself. Overhearing one of the safari drivers, she felt it might have cubs nearby because females do not usually sit by themselves alone. On the evening drive we saw a big maned lion cross the road but was out of sight before we could get a picture. Another high point of this day was the civet that crossed in front of our car when we had barely left the gate!



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb